Friday, May 11, 2007

11th May, 2007 Quiet week




At last a slightly quieter week (although it could get noisier because my new PA system arrived today and I'll need to practise). On Monday I helped out at the New Forest Pony Enthusiasts' Hunter Trials where I was tack checker for the day. Sadly I wasn't allowed to make comments (!) because there were a lot of ponies in big fat bits with their mouths strapped down with flash nosebands and a lot of Dutch Gags. However, there were also a few Mylers floating about and lots of people who clearly loved their horses. It was really well organised and there was a great atmosphere even if it did rain. On Thursday I ran my second Handling the Wild Pony Course, this time at Brockenhurst. We had one yearling and two two year olds to work with and they were all very different. The one below is Crackerjack, mostly New forest with a touch of Welsh Cob. By the end of the session he was picking his feet up beautifully. Both of us were having a bit of a bad hair day.