Wednesday, July 9, 2008

9th July, 2008 Cello concerto







All of the above photos were taken by Ella J. Porter of pokka dot photography.

I am chuffed to bits that Kate Boe and her sister Ella, have decided that they would like Cello. Kate did a huge amount of free work for me when she was training to be a McTimoney chiropractor and did a great job. Fingers crossed that he will stay safe and well until he is weaned at Christmas and then he will be off to his perfect new home.

I rode Petra yesterday before the monsoon came and noticed that she is re-balancing the way that she moves now that she walks more slowly. At first she tripped a lot but seems to have it sussed now. As she no longer flashes through the atmosphere like a rocket ship, she is also inclined to spook a bit more - something I think she dealt with before by being going at speed. Despite the blustery conditions, she did really well.

Today I have started putting things together for the first newsletter of The Herd, a free roaming, probably semi-feral group of like minded people seeking the best way to work with their horses. I am hoping to turn this group out with each other for the first time very shortly and hope that there will be no kicking matches or anyone trying to prove that they are Alpha mare. I have been suprised at the level of support for the idea - I suppose a lot of people can feel isolated within fairly "traditional yards" where there is bad tradition rather than good.

Since the discovery that I have SPD, I have experienced a huge sense of relief. I've got tons of support now and an explanation for why, for example, I prefer wearing David's ancient jumper and Rohans, rather than tight fitting girl clothes. To the tactile defensive, comfort is everything! Incidentally, people with SPD are known as "sensational". Well, there's a first......