Friday, October 23, 2009

23rd October, 2009 Steaming



I got up at 5.15 a.m. this morning to go to work with a mare that sweats to the point of steaming when she even sees a horsebox pull up near her. By the end of the session she was going on and off a lot more easily and prepared to stand still on board for a few minutes at a time. Hopefully she will get a lot more practice before she is expected to go anywhere again.

Cello is absolutely fine and his operation couldn't have gone better. Amy did a great job. I can't believe how resilient these ponies are and he is such a nice pony now. I hope to reveal some news about him very soon.

As I left the fields tonight, the roe buck was in full flow. He has a harem of about 40 does with him so. He is so utterly distracted that I can get really close to observe them all.