Saturday, March 26, 2011

26th March, 2011 Back to College




Julie, Jenny and I set off early this morning for Bicton College where I was doing a short demo in aid of the Mare and Foal Sanctuary. I worked with two horses that I had had no contact with before the event. The first, Gypsy (top) is sometimes difficult to catch and the second, Herbie, can be bargey. Both were brilliant and allowed me to demonstrate big concepts and little tips. On the way home we called in on Tabitha and George where Magic and Merlin have made excellent progress in the last year or so. Today it was time to introduce Merlin to a surcingle and the preparation exercises for long reining. He is a sensitive soul and it was essential to take everything just one small step at a time.


"...we were so pleased at how Merlin responded and Magic seems like he has done it all his life, great ponies!" TT