Monday, August 3, 2015

3rd August, 2015 Plan B

Once again across the Forest and a reminder that the ponies like to stand on the roads at this time of year in order to take advantage of the breeze which flushes away the annoying insects.


Up at the farm the Jack, Nettles and Henrietta were hoping that I would open up the new facility...


My Plan B for Henrietta is to gently enclose her in a safe space and work with her with the feather duster again. It's only half a plan at the moment because every day she seems to make a little progress and she is now keen to follow me around and approach for a stroke in return for a ginger biscuit. At last I seem to have found THE place where she likes to be stroked and ironically, when I keep telling people to leave their ponies' muzzles alone, it's her muzzle.


Having acquired some reasonably priced hay and some damaged bales from my friend, I have used the damaged bales for the first layer, and the good bales for the remainder, of a temporary wall and pen. With Jack and Nettles on one side to keep her company, Henrietta will be encouraged to go into the other side where I will be able to close her in when I get to that stage.


The idea is still to keep everything very low key. Today Henrietta was happy to wander in and out, talk to me about our contractual arrangements and have a good look around.




Nettles was on hand to reassure (or steal the food out of Henrietta's mouth).