Sunday, December 11, 2016

11th December, 2016 I've Got a Bone to Pick with You

Long day at the hospital yesterday where I was given a surprising and fabulous amount of morphine when I came round from having wires put in my poor old thumb. The first pain free day I have had in ten years I would say!



185 people responded approvingly when I said that I knew where all the good people in the world have gone. They all work for Salisbury District Hospital where I was nurtured all day long and fell in love with every member of staff I met. To really and truly care about people in such a pressured environment is astounding; they were unbelievably kind.


I was determined not to cancel our bones party and so amongst Honour's bones we had boxes of chocolate biscuits, mince pies and some hot winter beetroot soup and ciabatta. Pocket rocket vet, Nicky Brooks, admittedly did most of the work along with former nurse, Sarah.




With all the bones numbered and the missing ones identified, the next step will be to create a display.

"Thank you so much for yesterday I really enjoyed it. That should so be an exercise for 1st year veterinary students!" Nicky Brooks, MRCVS.