Wednesday, November 9, 2022

All Set for Winter

 


David and I arrived at the Reserve early in order to set up the pound and to find the ponies before the vet arrived. I set off along the track wondering how long it might take me to find them. 



I was distracted by the sight of these beautiful female roe deer. 




As I'd hoped, the ponies were in the top 'field'...

They followed Nelly up to the pound and waited patiently there, eating hay whilst waiting for the vet. 


The ponies' teeth were all amazing, only needing limited rasping. This is as a result of being able to browse on all sorts of forage, woody shrubs and different grasses. 


Agent M turned up to supervise but declined the offer to gawp into a pony's mouth!



Pie was his normal, stylish self; shades of Adam Ant. David trimmed his and Nell's hooves and all of them had their tetanus boosters. These last three years for horses. 


After a stop for a drink, the ponies followed us back to the centre of the Reserve, except for Pie who made his own way... 





On the way back I spotted the cows, most of whom were lying against the cricket club's fence!