Tuesday, March 6, 2007

6th March, 2007 Agra, India

There must be something wrong with me because I got as much pleasure out of making a fuss of a sacred cow as I did seeing the Taj Mahal (which incidentally is stunning). I have also stroked an elephant and that must be one of the best experiences of my life. We are off to Bandhavgarh and Kanha next where hopefully we will see the tigers. In the three days between my holidays I worked with the wild pony before leaving him for Sheila to work with. He is coming on beautifully and we could put his headcollar on and take it off and cuddle him all over. The main issue was bringing his head round so that he would face us - he much preferred to turn his bottom and look as if he might kick. He was terrified of looking at us out of his blue left eye but that has now softened and is relaxed like his brown left one.