Tuesday, April 8, 2008

8th April, 2008 Successes

Thanks so much for following up so quickly with the email info while it is still so fresh in our minds. James & I (and therefore G) got a lot out of our session yesterday, thanks to your excellent communication, we talked about it all evening, so you got us thinking! I used the techniques this morning to help keep G still while I changed her rugs, and led her to the field with me leading further forwards than usual. I can now see that the groundwork techniques will help me in many other situations (eg. fidgeting with the farrier) that I had never really thought about as issues before. We will practice the loading this coming easter weekend, I will keep breathing!

KB re:loading 16.3.08


We have loaded M and gone for a drive then unloaded in the forest and went for a ride and reloaded to go home. She went in perfectly both ways!
LS 16.3.08

Hi Sarah, Just to let you know, we had great success over the easter weekend with G, have now got to the stage where she (and myself) are calm and still in the trailer with the partition shut, the ramp gates shut, and the ramp closed 3/4 of the way. Next weekend we will shut the ramp completely, if all goes well, hopefully go for a little drive. I am also finding that she is calmer in her stable too, even without a headcollar I can adjust my body language to keep her still while I'm changing her rugs etc. I have also bought Kelly's Perfect manner's book to help me jog my memory of your visit and expand the approach. Hope your week and your demo goes well.
KB 26.3.08

hi sarah thanks for comming out to us wens D has taken H-pony out three times and D is in control well almost he trys but soon learns whos boss he is also 90 per cent better in the stable thanks again see you soon
HA 26.3.08

Hi Sarah, Just thought you might like an up date ,so far no loading problems. Polly has now travelled four times very calm and not sweating as she did in the trailer. Keeping up the ground work, and have ordered the Tom widecombe book. I also would like to thank-you very much for your time and patience. YvetteYC 27.3.08

I have however established in my head how kind, caring, strong, hard working, forthright and passionate you are about what is right. ( I can see why you became a lawyer).
These qualities are wonderful, but they also mean that you are hard on yourself, push yourself so very hard and keep going, again admiral qualities but.... what effect is it having on YOU-the skin, bones, muscles and other biological bits?

LR 27.3.08

:Sarah was very professional and explained how she was going to approach the problem and what she was expecting. We were both surprised at what happened but Sarah coped with it brilliantly and we are continuing to work on the problem. I have been really impressed at the progress so far – two sessions – and look forward to more success. There is no way I could have managed on my own.
Evaluation form GC 2.4.08

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for a wonderful session, even though they were both already quite good it has really improved things between all of us and has madde my day to day management MUCH easier. Your notes and the detailed accompanyment are fantastic and I cant wait till my next session. RG 6.4.08

Many thanks for last night. I found it very interesting and it was really nice to have someone calm and gentle for Talin as he responds better.
CA 8.4.08