Tuesday, April 8, 2008

8th April, 2008 Tired now!




What a day! I started off by helping with two goats that were having their feet trimmed. They are so much calmer now that no-one is shouting at them when they move! I then long reined Chancer out with Jack on the Forest for the first time which was fine until we met a Jack Russell in the inclosure. Chancer was not impressed and gave an impressive display of his bucking and rearing skills. I then went to work with a horse that is struggling to travel in her trailer. She goes "into pressure" and slumps into the partition on one side and scrabbles with her feet on the other - it's quite frightening for everyone; she must be feeling pretty worried about travelling to panic like this. Finally I went to see a gorgeous Anglo-Arab that had little compunction about invading anyones' space. I had to work very had to convince her otherwise but I got there in the end. Tomorrow promises to be just as interesting as Jack is being ridden again and then I have a wild New Forest pony to handle for the first time.

Picture: Tanya makes sure that Chancer is relaxed about the long-reins before we take him out.