Saturday, June 14, 2008

14th June, 2008 Antidote anecdote





I have spent the weekend working with the perfect antidote to my unjustified disappointment with Piper. Graylie is a four year old New Forest pony who has made his way bit by bit to Swanley, Kent (by trailer and not on foot!). Totally adored by his owner, Graylie has perfected the art of going away and staying away just as his mother would have taught him. By the end of today we were handling his legs and he was asking us to put the headcollar on; a combination of clicker training and careful body language. He is probably the most beautiful New Forest pony I have ever seen and looks more like a small Lusitano with his curly black mane and matching black eyes. I don't normally work this far away but Nina felt that I would bring a bit of New Forest expertise with me. It also gave me the chance to catch up with lovely Liz Pitman who is just over the border in Essex.