Thursday, September 1, 2011

1st September, 2011 By George



It's always wonderful when a pony falls on its feet with kind owners. George is a forest-bred New Forest pony that had already had three different owners by the time he was a yearling and had had his headcollar forced on him. He is still finding it difficult to overcome that experience even though he is quite brave about all kinds of other things. I have introduced clicker in the hope that his least favourite thing will become his most favourite.

"I would just like to say thank you again, for taking your time to come out and see me and George. I really enjoyed the whole experience and felt like me and George were already making some progress."CG

E-mail received 3rd September: 
"Thought I'd keep you updated on George even though it's only been a few days! I did the touch and release technique with my partner Mike as George has always been very wary of him and after he had done this he was able to walk up to George and catch him in the paddock and lead him back in to his own field! We were both really chuffed as normally if George isn't on his lead rein Mike can't even go near him!" CG