Sunday, March 11, 2012

11th March, 2012 Bye, bye Mr Malvern Pye

It's taken me a little while to be able to talk about my Grandpa's funeral. One of the disadvantages of a very long life is that you have outlived most of your friends and those that are left are too frail to come to your funeral. That doesn't explain though why the 10 people who did come to his funeral were divided into four factions when we all come from the same family. United, I would hope, in our great fondness and love for Pye, it saddens me that no-one thought it might be disrespectful to allow their feelings for each other to be so transparent. David and I tried to be a bridge between all of them. My Aunt, Mel, complied exactly with my Grandfather's wishes - no flowers, no fuss. That's the least and the last thing you can do for someone who has died. Goodnight Pye. Sleep well.