Friday, September 14, 2012

14th September, 2012 More updates


You'll recall that while I was away I went to see the young colt who was rather boisterous and Xanthe and I suggested that perhaps he needed a playmate just to impose a few rules in his life. Well, guess who has turned up? One spotty mule called Tomeu. They should have the time of their lives now and Lucero, the colt, will be able to be separated from his Mum without too much trouble and before she loses too much condition.

Some time ago I went to see another young horse called Sam who had unfortunately injured himself in the fence the night before. You may remember that we only did the lightest groundwork with him while we waited for the vet and it paid immediate dividends as he stood so nicely for the vet to examine him. Since then he has needed his leg hosed regularly and this is what his owner says:


"His behaviour is much better now!  I used the trick you showed me with the fly spray and managed to get him to stand still while hosing the swollen leg down!  He started out like a crazy animal that was really scared and now isn't that bothered by it at all, so I'm really pleased!   So I feel your visit was a great help!  Thank you so much :)" KM