Sunday, July 14, 2013

14th July, 2013 Checking my Privilege

As Nettles was due to go home later today, I thought he might like to go for a run in the woods with his friends. There was a slight risk that I might lose them if they decided that they could manage perfectly well without me, but the promise of barley rings is always enough for Jack, and the other two are happy to follow his lead - most of the time.








Nettles has gone home now. I dropped him off at his owner's house where the first thing to go by was a big fat tractor with huge round bales of hay on it - he took no notice. We then led him down the lane to his field where I popped on his back for one final time. All being well I will see him again for more work in about six months and will call in to see him whenever I am going by. I had become very emotionally attached to him as he really is the best kisser I have ever met, and such wonderful company.