Sunday, June 12, 2022

Old Friends

These guys are a popular target for photographers and those that like to pet and feed. Such a shame that the foals get desensitised to people so early and then begin to hang around in the car parks and by the ice cream van in the hope of treats. I found them a long way away from the road and took their photos from a great distance with a long lens. 




Donkeys lose their coats much later than horses and the donkeys that live with my horses at the fields beg me to groom them on days like today.

I met Julie up at the fields just afterwards - she's passed most of the pandemic away by working and taking her degree. We went off to see 'our' Chancer, the ex-racehorse. He has been out on loan to Nicky for about ten years now - longer than Julie or I owned him in the first place. He's looking super well after a gap of three years since we last saw him face to long-face. I wonder what his destiny would have been if he had been any good at racing, bearing in mind that his sire was Horsechestnut, one of the fastest horses that ever lived!