Thursday, November 30, 2023

What a Nana!

I got myself very confused yesterday. I have been expecting the arrival of a dark bay colt, Mulibwanji, a pony who I took a headcollar off last year. He is due to be removed from the Forest because he is reaching the age of twenty-two months and is still entire. He is coming to me, possibly with his Mother, for a temporary stay before going off to his new home - all being well.

Arriving at the fields, I saw a young bay colt in my neighbour's field and thought "Oh heck, the pony - apparently without his mother - has been put in the wrong field." I made enquiries in every direction to try to find out what had happened, where his mother was, and considered how I would move him across through my fields without him encountering any of my horses, particularly my mares. Phoning the Verderers and then Mulibwanji's owner, it became apparent that it shouldn't be him. Was I going mad? 

The pony was quite anxious and clearly wild, should I let him out on the Forest? Eventually it became apparent that this doppelganger had in fact come though the electric fence from the far side, leaving behind his estwhile companions. 

I saw Mulibwanji by the roadside this morning. He has been missed on all of the Drifts. Hopefully his owner, with the help of Agisters, will be able to get him in very soon.