Wednesday, January 19, 2011

19th January, 2011 Not been there.....







....not done that and not got the T-shirt. Today was another family affair working with a six year old 7/8 TB x 1/8 Arabian who actually looks nearly all Arabian. So far he has led a very sheltered life although the hope is that I can train him to load so that he can go off to be broken in. The fact that he has never left his family or field is one consideration and the other is that his sister, who shares a field with him, has never been left on her own either. This meant that all of the groundwork I did had to be done within a very short distance of her so that she wouldn't get herself into trouble. The next time I go it's hoped that she will have a nanny so that we can practice what we did today a bit further away and gradually extend their comfort zones. Then I will need to teach him to tie up, accept boots and a poll guard. If he does as well as he did today, I shall be very pleased. He is certainly mentally ready for his education and engaged with me throughout.