Thursday, January 2, 2014

2nd January, 2014 The Pot at the End of the Rainbow


After all that rain it was nice to see the horses without getting soaked although I am not sure I approve of ponies that sit on or roll all over their premium quality hay!



Bella and Nettles went for a walk in the inclosure and I couldn't be bothered to walk home. Nettles is really comfortable.


That put me in the mood for a bit more so I leaned over Bella who is three this year. We'll leave it til a lot later in the year to sit on her properly for the first time. She didn't seem to be in the least perturbed.


This afternoon Tracey and I went to work with a pony with a real talent for pulling evil faces at people. Her owner is having trouble predicting when she will be in a good mood, when she will be in a bad mood and when she will switch - she is predictably unpredictable. There was an apparent maze to be explored in terms of nature or nurture, human and horse emotions, history and events. My job I think was to find one broad, straight, and clear path. Even though the mare had always been like it I felt that there was still the possibility of a physical reason - apparently she became stuck as she was being born with her head twisted to one side and I certainly felt as if she was a horse with a headache. Once a physical reason has been ruled out then I think the owner will need to work on consistency and clarity.

Not to be left out, I had a little lean over Indi today (3rd Jan): She was very interested in what my feet were doing.