Thursday, May 22, 2014

22nd May, 2014 Going Abroad


After the fun at the fields it was over the Solent to the Isle of Wight for another session with Mollie, Mairie and Pie. Mollie has grown up a lot, physically and mentally, since we last saw her and was ready for a bit of groundwork and some loading practice. Last time she went in a trailer it was to be rushed to Liphook so it is good news that she wasn't too worried about loading again.




"Thank you for another brilliant training day. I am so pleased with all the ponies, each one furthered their learning. I feel happier now with Mollie having established that we think she has ‘grown up’ to the next level and you could really see her thinking and learning today. Mollie worked very hard today and we covered a lot of issues, the speed that she was happy to enter the trailer was wonderful. I will endeavour to get my timing and determination exactly right so that Mollie knows I do really mean it, no fudge as you say !!. Mairi was most accepting of her new bridle and I will continue with short times of getting used to the bit. Pie learnt that is ok to come back out of the trailer, he really did not want to leave at the beginning. Overall his temperament is much more trusting he still has the odd wild moment and I think this will always be there in his defence strategy from his sad past. My thanks to Tracey for her help and support and I think she is quite amazing with all the work she does with the horses and she looks so calm.Just wonderful to have worked with you again today and thank you so much. Both my ponies and I have benefitted from your help and God willing we will continue.A very positive day, thank you. x" JB