Tuesday, September 15, 2015

15th September, 2015 Driving Lessons

No crushed cones and no crushed egos at the trailer training this morning. Tracey and I went off to Colden Common to undertake a Trailer Handling and Awareness course with Trailer Training UK Ltd. Although both of us have 'grandmother's rights' and don't need to undertake training, we both felt it would be good to improve our skills. In particular, I wanted a greater understanding of the law on weights and the recommendations about distribution of load. I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I should be checking on my trailar too. It's become clear as I have been trawling through the Transport Survey for BARTA that there is a great deal of information that people need to know before driving a horse trailer. Trailer Training UK Ltd



Of course I couldn't just ignore the foal in the field next door.


Nettles had two sessions of work today. Jess long reined him around the inclosure to start with and then we joined the queue to see the big pig that was eating the crab apples.




Kathryn swapped her own black horse to work with mine this afternoon. Petra's crown as the long-reining queen of England slipped slightly as she grabbed bracken all the way round the inclosure.



For Nettle's second session we took him to another inclosure where he could be ridden back home by Jess. It's good to see that he is getting his confidence back and enjoying himself again.