Wednesday, September 16, 2015

16th September, 2015 Turning Things Around

Some horses only get loaded and travelled from time to time as the owner doesn't have a lorry of their own and no way of accessing one easily or regularly. With current concerns about the safety of rear facing 3.5 tonne lorries, and a horse that is not all that keen on going into a trailer, Nicki was sure that she only wanted to load Maverick into a fair sized truck and Lynn Kelly's is about the best that there is. Maverick hasn't travelled at all since he came back from being started a couple of years ago and now she's keen to get out and about to some events.

Although Maverick would go up the ramp and even enter the lorry, he just couldn't work out what he needed to do once he got in there and instead backed off, slowly but surely. I needed to show him that he could actually turn around in the lorry. It took a little while but eventually he got it - and once he had got it he didn't back off again at all.









"I am absolutely over the moon with today. I was getting a bit worried that it wasn't going to work. And I have to say, the look on Maverick's face when he'd worked it out was priceless. I don't think I have ever seen a horse so pleased with themselves. Thank you again for your help. I've decided to go with what I know and trust and what works so can I have some more dates from you please?" N O'M