Monday, July 10, 2017

10th July, 2017 The Starfish Enterprise

It won't be long before I announce my next project which involves and limits me just to wild ponies. I need to establish whether there would be any interest in people letting me have their wild, semi-feral ponies for a period of two weeks training, for free at the same time as people attending How to Handle the Wild Pony Courses on a daily, week, or fortnight basis at a reasonable cost. I need to work this all out as everything would need to coincide so I'd have to have an intake day and courses scheduled in. Can you let me know if you'd be interested in either end of this deal?

In the meantime, here's how some of the wild ponies I have worked with closely, and at a distance, and how they are getting on...

First of all Moon, an older mare that has always been terrified of touch. At long last she is accepting food from the hand and coupled with clicker training is now accepting touch on her face in exchange for Barley Rings.




Rumble was a nervous wreck when I first met him, and, just like Moon, I wondered if he would ever make it. At the weekend he went to a show, came back with some lovely rosettes and got a new hairstyle.





I have never met Finch but have kept in regular contact with his owner, Gill. He accepted her, light little thing that she is, as his first rider last weekend.