Saturday, October 8, 2022

Ever increasing circles

Finally got up to the Reserve this week after events took over. I came across Pie at about 1 p.m. all on his lonesome but very calm - surely, this could only mean the others were close by somewhere.

I finished my litter pick and went in search again - found Pie again and he was still happy and relaxed, so I thought I'd look for the others close by. 

No sign of the others and I wondered how five cattle and four ponies could go completely missing. 

Next, I came across the cattle at the back of the cricket pavilion. They all looked happy and relaxed. 


After two circuits of the Reserve, still no medium-sized ponies.  I fooled my legs into thinking we were going home by moving the car and set off again. 

I came across the cattle again, having a lie down, chewing the cud. 

I even came across this roe doe...but still no ponies

And at the end of my third circuit, at about 4.30 p.m., I found the ponies, all happy and relaxed - right on the other side of the reserve to Pie and not missing him one bit.