Sunday, January 6, 2013

6th January, 2013 Union Jack


It's been some time since I checked Jack's boundaries and it seem that while I have 'been away' he has become very brave all on his own. Perhaps just going out running with me and watching the other horses get worked and simply time have all had an effect on his confidence. Today he accepted this flag over his back, something he could never have done last year - indeed when he first came and I tried to use a scarf to desensitise him before putting a head-collar on, he ran a good many laps of the pen before coming to a halt; he has never been very good about being able to see anything out of both eyes at once.



Today, with the help of clicker, he was very very brave and accepted the flag across his back but, before that, he did something even better....


Just a little lean and then....


and finally.....I didn't think this would ever be possible although I would still be very circumspect about actually getting on board. People sometimes say what a pity that you will never ride him but I don't mind and just enjoy having his biscuity self around the place.