Tuesday, August 16, 2022

It worked!

I am told that the ponies were enjoying the warm summer rain this morning and were out in the open. That's great news. 




The cows were in a different 'field' sitting under one of the trees. 


At the weekend my friend and artist, Donna Turpin, came over to look at her pictures which I have framed on my wall - one of the car and one of Peechay that she did after I lost him. When she handed me a parcel tied up with twine and wrapped in black paper I knew what might be coming but it did not prepare me for the shock and wonder at seeing Juma on canvas; I must have cried for ten minutes. How I miss my boy.

Donna has captured just how alive and vibrant he was and the connection you felt when you met him. She kept his collar in the picture, representing how he belonged to the Forest. It is a beautiful, beautiful picture but I'd still like to have my pony back. 

Here is the link to her art page: Donna Turpin

Here is the picture of Nala our cat that she painted.