Tuesday, August 23, 2022

On Probation

Their initial probation period is over and the ponies have not been given their marching orders despite The Mysterious Incident of the Jackapony and the Cattle Grid in the Evening. A few people have become familiar with them now. One of the neighbours was worried that they might not have any water in the dry conditions  and I was able to reassure her that there is a water trough full of fresh water over by the cricket pitch, another neighbour has offered me the use of her outside tap for emergencies. As well as the Lookers we have all those cricketers and occasional visitors keeping an eye on them. I am doing my bit by litter-picking the reserve and the surrounding laybys when I have enough room. Now that they have settled I can tell you that they are in a reserve at Hook where there are numerous sets of ponies - New Forest, Exmoor and the odd cob, 'managing' the reserves. I hope that with all of their Forest experience my ponies won't get into trouble. 



I persuaded Hart District Council to get this removed - it was outside the reserve and had apparently been left by a building company. Since then people had vaguely aimed at it until it was overflowing everywhere. 


I'm working on getting these fly tips moved next (beside that big table there is loads of bedding, old clothes and general rubbish) but the council are trying to say it is Trust land despite the fact that there are on the roadside built up bank, and two fences and a ditch away from the reserve itself. Surely we are all on the same side and they need to be moved before the bags split. 



We all need to be giving to our precious countryside, not taking.