Thursday, September 22, 2022

Camelth

It has been a while since I went to see the camels at Lower Woodford. On Tuesday I was picking up a suitcase and some childrens' clothes to take to Kenya with me and also having my regular haircut with Amdrea, one of the camel grooms.

At the moment there are only two camels left - poor Ivan having succumbed to kidney failure very recently. There is an air of sadness about the place, but it is essential that new companions are found for them, especially as there is such a big age gap between Luna and Timojin. This entails scouring Britain and Germany, from where the import regulations have become even more complicated following Brexit looking for likely candidates. I hope to be called in to photograph any new arrivals! I'm just a hopeless groupie...


Timojin now in his early twenties.


And Luna, who was bought from the same place and at the same time as Ivan, with my friend Alix.

And Alix again with Mammoth donkey, Lucinda, and Poitou, Jennings.