Friday, September 23, 2022

The Freedom Retirement Home

What a wonderful day today. I was feeling so poorly yesterday I didn't think I would get there; luckily, I was feeling much brighter this morning. With David in the driving seat, we went up to the ponies in the reserve and to trim two sets of hooves. 

The light across the reserve was spectacular and made the reserve seem mystical. I must not romanticise too much, there are a few issues such as litter to contend with, but I cannot think of anywhere more perfect for my elderly ponies whose teeth are beginning to let them down, surrounded by long grasses and things that they can easily browse. 


We met the ponies heading off to the water trough. Jack was first in the queue to have his hooves trimmed and to keep him happy, we steadily moved towards the trough in between each hoof so that he wouldn't be left behind by the others.


I was very pleased with Jack who was happy to have his feet done in the middle of nowhere.


Patsy was not on the list; her hooves trim themselves naturally and are looking particularly good. 


Blue was second in the queue and stood very quietly while she had her hooves trimmed. 


Pie will have to wait until next time. 


The flies are at last disappearing. 


The cows were a long way off but gradually came over to share the water.


They're very gentle creatures and so polite.


After being briefly separated, the five cows are all together again now. 


We sat down by my favourite tree and watched them for a while.