Thursday, November 22, 2012

21st November, 2012 OMD Part I: Just a Minute!

My November coloured friend
Sadly we could't get the trailer out of the field this morning - great deterrent to theft but not quite what we wanted. There was nothing else for it but to ride out from the fields and see what happened. It is six months since I rode Theoden out alone - in fact it was at the Mark Rashid clinic where I rode him home to the stable I was borrowing a couple of times. At that time he was alert and full of adrenalin and of course, we weren't going away from or towards Petra. It was a very pleasant surprise today to find him calm, unconcerned and only a little bit sticky on the way out. On the way home he didn't or push through the reins and was calm and seemingly happy. Not job done but certainly job started in a very satisfactory way. It's taken a long time to broach this subject with him again but I am glad that I have put in a lot of mileage with him, albeit under the radar. He just seems to be a much less angry horse these days.

Gale force winds and flappy hi-viz!

Training from this point onwards will be based on the rules of Just a Minute so that we try to avoid hesitation, repetition and deviation!