Monday, February 27, 2012

27th February, 2012 Grandpa, Pye


My lovely Grandpa, Pye, passed away at midnight last night. He was 96. I saw him shortly before the end, tucked up in bed in a side room at the hospital with his favourite dressing gown on. He looked cosy and peaceful. I don't think he knew it was me that was there but he held my hand pretty tight all the same. I have been fortunate to have had a wonderful set of grandparents, sadly all gone now. Pye was in the farming industry for most of his life and helped to feed my enthusiasm for horses and other farm animals. In particular I made friends with Solomon the donkey and Ferdinand the Hereford bull in his company. He kept fit all the way through his life through his work, walking the Malvern Hills and looking after his allotment.