Thursday, October 13, 2022

Agent M goes Walkabout

Unofficial checker, Agent M, caught up with the ponies yesterday. I love her little missives which always read like a story. I'm sure that she won't mind me telling you that although she has lived close to the Reserve for many years, she has never really explored it. The ponies are widening her horizons as she goes in search of them on those days when she has the opportunity. 

"The ponies were kind to me today, as I found Jack when I got to the main clearing on the Common, via the gate at the end of the track. I spotted Blue and Nelly soon afterwards. Pie then came ambling along. It only took me about 10 minutes for that part of the check. Blue and Nelly wandered off towards the water trough, Jack followed shortly afterwards, and then Pie headed that way. I followed them all to the trough in case Patsy was already there, but she wasn’t. Just as I was about to embark on a long trek for her, she came cantering up to us, and I mean a canter, not a trot, as you know I have unwillingly experienced the difference firsthand. I had a look around to see if anything had spooked Patsy, but couldn’t see anything, and she seemed ok."





Many a horsey relationship has ended with the trot that accidentally became a canter!