Sunday, July 31, 2022

Jack the Lad


For those who have been reading my blog for years you will remember that when Jack arrived, at the age of 12, he was completely wild. I'd not seen him before he was brought into me to be halter-trained and when he came out of the trailer he resembled a bull crossed with a fiery dragon. Inevitably he became mine and another twelve years later he is still as characterful as he was then.






He was always terrified of lead reins, and although I did lean over him a few times, I knew he had a strong instinct to bolt and decided that I didn't need a dangerous pony to ride. His talents lay in other directions.


He turned out to be a brilliant meeter-and-greeter of humans and other equines alike and after I had clicker trained him I was able to reunite him with the Forest he had left as a foal, taking him for walks, loose, with friends and guests. He also helped wit the rehabilitation of addicts. 




He was good at cantering...and jumping too.







He has spread so much happiness and all I have ever wanted is for him to be happy.