Saturday, July 30, 2022

Saturday Access

The ponies were back at their favourite hideout today when I saw them. Although they are enduring a lot of flies in this hot weather, they have not made the connection with the relief, if any, provided by the fly cream which they think smells too much. Pie would not let me put any on him nor any sun cream so on my next visit I will have to start teaching them to come into the pound. It's about time anyway as today is their three-weekiversary. 


I got a dab on Nelly's face - well away from her eyes - and some around her chest, tail and back legs.

Patsy doesn't seem to suffer so badly.

The cows get sprayed regularly and don't seem to attract many flies. 


...and there's always yoga if they do

I have to resist the urge to pull out every last stalk of ragwort. There's very little on site, the ponies have plenty of other things to eat, and the cinnabar caterpillars are enjoying a meal.