Monday, April 21, 2014

21st April, 2014 Really Started Something



Kitty May continues to take everything literally in her stride. Today I decided to take her out for a walk and short rein on her own to make sure that she hadn't developed too great an attachment to any of the other horses and was still capable of being independent. She has lived without other horses for quite a while (over a year) and that could lead to her forming an incredible bond with the first horse she met. Although she neighed on one occasion on the way out, Kitty didn't seem to be in the least bit worried about going out alone. New Forest ponies seem to know that the world is full of horses.

On the way back, since I just happened to have my hat on, I decided to get on and mounted from a big log. Then I rode her to the gate and got off again. Not only did she accept this very easily but she let me take pictures between her ears with the big camera!