Tuesday, July 3, 2007

3rd July, 2007 It's not just the rain that is falling

Having gone for months without falling off, I came off a really quiet pony today and learned two things - nylon reins are vile and, always always wear gloves no matter how quiet the pony is. 5 1/2 hours in casualty with my fingers nerve-blocked was really only mitigated by how pleasant all the doctors were and that I couldn't feel them scrubbing the wounds with a plastic brush or chopping bits of skin off with the scissors. Still, Andy has the winning score this week having flown off one horse twice in ten minutes. Having wondered if I would have to send all the horses home (72 mounds of poo is a lot to pick up every day with only one useful hand!) I have received lots of offers of help from friends. This week's management theme has become "The Art of Delegation"....