Wednesday, July 2, 2008

2nd July, 2008 In which sulking works!!

So now I have heard from two of the people I went to see the week before last and all is well!!

Here are all of the latest reviews:

Hello Sarah, you certainly seem to keep busy. William and I are really enjoying one anothers' company. Without any clip he allows me to put headcollar on and off. He just loves walking out in a very much extended yard out into the barn, leads either side and will stand quite happily.We have four mares on site, occasional calls but no problems as yet.I never thought he would allow me to handle his head as he does,no prob with worming either. Now of course I will try down his legs,clicker I think will be the way forward with this.Thank you so much for getting us going, I am sure there is a brick wall looming,but lets go slowly and see.
GS

Just wanted to let you know that was real turning point for us – the techniques you explained to me were so simple and easy to use/understand but once I had used them a few times I finally began to feel safe around her which, as you can imagine, has made a huge impact on our relationship. Immediately after I was thinking, yep, I read about all that, so that's what it looks like etc but only once I put in into practice did I really appreciate it. I had been milling about, not committing to either natural/intelligent horsemanship or traditional and the session made me make a decision. I guess I just needed someone, one on one, to show me, to give me the confidence to deal with her myself.

I have since decided to go down the ‘Parelli’ route – mainly because it is so easy to follow and I am a person who likes structure and a plan. We are doing OK and making lots of progress but I think it will be many months before I ride her, if ever. I could not have moved on at all, without the confidence you helped me find. Thanks again

AR 25.6.08

Once again many thanks, you have helped so much I don't what I would have done without you!!
CA 1.7.08

I so enjoyed the session you had here with Knickers and I, and we both learned a thing or two.
SR 2.7.08

Sorry not to reply before – been a bit fraught at work....Charlie has been brilliant. He settled down much more quickly and even nibbled a bit of hay straight away! There was not a squeek out of him on the lorry either. They have been hacking him everywhere right from the first day and he has not put a foot wrong or even batted an eyelid!
VB 2.7.08