Saturday, May 28, 2011

28th May, 2011 A tin full of padlocks











At the end of a really varied week, we have been upping the security at the fields following the mass arrival of travellers at Stoney Cross. I am hoping these precautions are not necessary and I hate to tar people with the same brush, but better safe than sorry. I wish people would keep their thieving hands off other people's property.


I've worked with some really interesting horses this week once again including Albi, Teddy and Guilda. We have found a light little rider for Champ and tried her out today - she proved to be quiet and sensible and unperturned about riding without a saddle for the time being. I also worked with endurance friend Susi's darling new Arabian Tilly, teaching her to pick up rather than waft her hind legs. Noo-Noo, that I haven't seen since November, had her first long lining session and worked very well.


Last night it was off to the Kelly demo at Kingston Maurwood where I seemed to know at least half the audience. Great to catch up with them all.