Thursday, March 1, 2012

1st March, 2012 In the army now...


Up at five this morning to go off to the Household Cavalry with Jim Green from the Animal Rescue Team and Mari-Lisa, my work experience student. Jim was demonstrating the animal rescue techniques to the vet and farriers of the Household Cavalry who would be responsible for the welfare of any of their horses caught up in any drama or trauma. As well as helping out and taking photos, Mari-Lisa and I watched the morning parade, met some of their horses and visited the stores where all the traditional uniforms are kept. Some amazingly ornate tunics, drum colours and helmets there with a purpose way beyond the ceremonial. For obvious security reasons, I need to ask permission before I publish any photos so will let you see any that I am allowed to.