Friday, March 31, 2023

Captain Hook - that'll be Tom then

The wet weather allowed me to see the true shape of the ponies at Hook today and although Patsy and Jack are not as round as I would like, I am satisfied that they will be okay for the rest of the year now that the grass is coming through. I have to say that March feels as if it has been two months long!





Once again, it would seem to be the difference in age and wear and tear of teeth that makes the difference between the top two and the bottom two.

Happily I bumped in to Tom, the Reserves Manager in the afternoon and I was able to show him where some of the piled up litter - mainly bits of car coming back from the dead - were situated and we picked them up and put them in the Kubota. Lots of tyres too. We also cleared the recent fire/barbecue. Pictures with Tom's permission. 



During the week, Sean has mended three dicky gates:


One of the reasons why we are all doing this: wood anemone.