Saturday, October 13, 2007

13th October, 2007 Progress reports

I sometimes think my customers are braver than me. Kathy has gone out riding on Rufus on her own now, Tanya seems to have taken Jack shopping and the other Kathy can catch her yearling in the middle of a large field. Here are a few more reviews that arrived in the last couple of days and cheered me up when I was sanding windows...

She was very well behaved today we went for a little walk over the road with the lunge line which i didn't have to use and when we got home she walked back to the field ( after her feed ) and although she stopped at her normal point on the track I was able to use just the finger pressure to ask her to walk on . (Yearling filly with a leading problem).E-mail from TW 13.10.07

Just got to let you know I took Rufus out all on my own riding and he was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me on my horse again I can't believe it. Thank you Thank you for coming into my life and changing every thing, if you were here I would give you the biggest hug of your life.
Kathyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
E-mail received from KH 12.10.07

Hi Sarah, I am going to be all gushy now , I have just walked Jack into Wimborne on a Saturday morning, he did not put a hoof wrong, we were passed by speeding cars, lorries, loud mopeds ,cyclists with a loose dog and he just plodded on only slightly jumping when a huge mastiff dog jumped at him as we passed his garden, we turned round and walked past again and he was not bothered. This is all down to you.You have given me a pony who I feel trusts me completely as the leader, I would have maybe been able to do this walk before being taught by you.. but I dont think I would have wanted to repeat it in a hurry and I would have had a lot of bruises to show for it and muscles like bowling balls, my arms don't ache!!!!!!! I am so looking forward to seeing you next week and continuing with the next exciting chapter of Jacks education. thank you.
E-mail received from Tanya King 13.10.07

Dear Sarah and David, just to say a huge thank you to you both for all your help and support at the market and especially the open day. It was so lovely to meet you both and we really hope you'll come back next year. You are a wonderful and inspiring horsewoman and I am very happy to have met you.
Card from Natalie, Kathyrn and everyone at the Dartmoor Pony Training Centre