Wednesday, October 24, 2007

24th October, 2007 In which Sheila and the rest of us all get recited






My week "showcasing" the work we do with wild ponies (I'm in management mode) is going really well. I tell each pony that it has the chance to make a real difference to every other pony on the New Forest if I can show that our methods work! So far we have worked with 6 ponies and only one of them is struggling - he's really afraid of hands and does very well to let me touch him with the feather duster. Sheila put a headcollar onto the other two year old today and then one on on the orphan foal that somewhat inevitably we have ended up buying. He is off to his Auntie Ann's tomorrow to join Freddie in what really has become Orphan Annie's Intensive Care Unit. We have one more day left in which to convince our man on the inside that we know what we're doing and then hopefully we can start the courses in November. There has been a keen interest on the IHDG plus some animal charities too. I've got everything crossed and we are all so recited we can hardly think of anything else. Sheila is responsible for the odd words - she keeps talking about problems being exasperated instead of exacerbated. My word of the week is assuage....