Monday, September 19, 2011

19th September, 2011 Honorary Auntie

Walking in Memphis....
I am ever hopeful of being asked to be an honorary Auntie or Horse Godparent to Memphis particulary as it was me that came up with his name. Trouble is, every time I see him, that Cher song goes round and round my head and becomes an Ear Worm for the rest of the day. Here we are teaching him to lead using a quarter rope which is most appropriate given that he is a Quarter Horse. An amenable little soul, he takes to things very easily and is happy walking towarda photographer. I'm leading his Mum, Philadelphia.

"I loved the session with both of them and it was so lovely to see Memphis getting the right start.  It's something we haven't been able to give our other horses  and the difference between him and his parents at halter breaking is shocking really, he was just so calm and cool about the whole thing!" Alessa 25.9.11

Off to my own horses. Jack still loves jumping and, after picking his feet out, he volunteered to go and jump the jump all on his own.

Just gorgeous

Finally off to Bransgore to go and meet a daughter of Carnaval Drum. This huge Warmblood is allegedly only 16.2 hh but towered over me. She can sometimes be a handful on the ground but today worked beautifully through the groundwork exercises - like a very tall New Forest pony.