Monday, September 26, 2011

26th September, 2011 Wight link

No need to tie the wallabies down, sport
Crane
Penguins - it's moulting season and they seem vaguely embarassed.

A weekend of total relaxation on the Isle of Wight. David and I went to the Seaview Wildlife Encounter where people are allowed to stroke the wallabies providing they don't go off the path. in this way, the wallabies can decide whether they want human company or not. Bit like the New Forest ponies then. Lots of lovely birds too including some very noisy ducks that you are allowed to feed. Visitors buy bags of grain as they go through the entrance and I wondered whether I could introduce this for my horses!



Wouter
 Over the weekend we met up with good friends and clients, Carol, Kate and Andrea and I went out for a lovely ride on the wonderful Wouter today. He was a pleasure to ride and I was able to take in the scenery from what seemed like a great height. In fact he is only 15.2, Carol tells me, but he feels a lot bigger because of his fabulous head carriage.

Wouter appeared in the last Listening Post of which Heather Moffat (Enlightened Equitation) said:

"IH has surpassed itself this time with such interesting articles! It is probably the only magazine I read cover to cover!!"
To make sure you get your copy of the last edition and all future editions, join IH through the website: www.intelligenthorsemanship.co.uk


Natural head-carriage