Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Ups and Downs

Dave seems to have fully recovered from any suspicion of laminitis and was happily galloping up and down the fenceline to find Nelly and Blue who had only changed fields.



Theoden too seems to have improved but is now properly lame on his right fore. David removed a decent sized stone from close to his frog a couple of days, so it could be bruising but I am worried that it might be signs of his navicular disease rearing it's ugly head. He is now on Bute and if he hasn't recovered by the end of next weekend we will have the vet out.


He was mildly pleased to see that the Cadets were back again although only one of them had a packet of Polos. This group came last time and are now supervising the next. Once again, they are polite, intelligent and funny. I wish I felt the same as I seem to be grumpy, forgetful and cynical right now.


Jack and his girls came in to check that they didn't have any signs of laminitis. They were then separated so that Jack was on longer grass with Pie and Patsy next door. I have some fascinating information about their breeding that I shall share with you in a Pony Productions episode of Who Do You Think You Are?