Wednesday, May 2, 2007

2nd May, 2007 Joyrider

I had always been vaguely amused if someone told me that they didn't have a problem loading their horse but they did have a problem unloading him. I used to have a horse that so liked the music on the c.d. player in my lorry that she would stay in the horsebox forever (she was I.D. cross and loved U2). Today I met a New Forest pony that was absolutely adamant that he wasn't going to come out of the lorry and I was sorely tested to find something that would work. I tried everything I could think of but he wouldn't even try and eventually I had to back him out with a panel immediately behind me stopping him from coming back in. Once he had done it once he was blase about it and happily went in and out of the box several times but that first step was just too much to ask! It's a beautiful lorry with a perfect ramp and we covered it in straw and old horse poo in the end.