Monday, October 20, 2008

20th October, 2008 Only when they need it

I was talking to someone about a professional trainer today and asking whether she found her a bit fiesty. She replied that the she'd never seen the trainer being feisty and that she only hit the horses when they needed it. I wonder how they tell her they need it?

Sadly I have had to introduce a cancellation policy. I am pretty busy all the time now and it is a shame to make some people wait three weeks before I can get to them and then have someone cancel me for the very next day. I also share mileage between people who are close together only to lose one of them at the last minute. Not fair on me or the other person to have to cover the cost of the extra mileage. Commitment is probably the most important ingredient in training a horse and that has to begin with keeping appointments. I don't mind postponing where there is a good reason for doing so - really grotty weather or the horse or owner is poorly. Inevitably I have to work in slightly off weather or I'd never work at all!