Tuesday, March 9, 2010

9th March, 2010 An unremarkable funeral?

Yesterday was my step-father Tony's funeral. It went really well and his coffin looked beautiful with the family flowers on it. The service went well, nice things were said and the reception afterwards was really pleasant. Having meticulously arranged everything, I almost blew the whole thing by turning up at the wrong crematorium - how was I to know that there were two in close proximity?! - but a quick dash from one to the other meant that I arrived with two minutes to spare much to the relief of the gathered mourners! It wouldn't have mattered so much but I had my long lost step-sister with me, Tony's only child, who had made the brave decision to come and say farewell to the father she hasn't seen since she was two.

Rest in Peace Tony.