Friday, June 18, 2010

18th June, 2010 Spots before my eyes

Regrettably no photos from today either but this morning I went off to meet four unhandled Appaloosa New Forest crosses - one 3 year old colt and three mares aged 3, 4 and 8. My job was to assess the situation and give some sort of idea of what commitment might be involved and what facilities might be useful. As all of them were willing to at least touch my hand and to let my hand touch their face, I thought there was great hope. The stallion is happy to let people touch him on his right, is more wary on his left and quite worried about anyone making a grab for the headcollar that has been left on him. The owner is quite excited at this summer project and I hope I will be able to help her on the way. Then we might get some pictures!