Friday, December 31, 2010

31st December, 2010 A last look back.....

Just a bit of feedback on my book before the end of the year.

"Hi Sarah, I would just like to say a massive thank you for shipping your book so quickly, it has been a tremendous help. I have now moved Holly up to Somerset and she has made friends with the two Dartmoor rescues up there and is settling in great. I am continuing to use your book every time I work with her and she is like a different horse. I would like to come on one of your courses next year - I am officially converted :-)" Vicki O.

"The book helped a lot, we are both keen on the natural horsemanship approach but we really worried about how to move from the reducing her comfort zone... Steady patient 'advance and retreat' to actual contact. Also moving onto how to get the headcollar on. Your book also gave us the confidence to refuse to let anyone headcollar her -which we both felt was the wrong thing to do -and as a result we started out with a foal who was wary and cautious, but not scared. So getting her trust has been so much easier. K is just 13 and I have really let her do all the work with me in the background, and I am so thrilled that she and Briar have come so far in 6 weeks. " Angela D

And a bit of news on two more.....

"I just thought I'd give you an update on Merlot's story since you met him in August 09! Merlot was a three year old appaloosa that you helped me and him with the basics of talking to each other and moving his feet and using a Dually. I'm delighted to tell you that his lovely nature just grew and grew the more I worked with him. The first time I sat on him it was as if he's been doing it for years... I remember trying to follow Kelly Marks' Perfect Manners book to the letter! (Later he went to...) a busy livery yard and riding school with all that goes with that, and was an absolute star the whole time. The amount of noise and trouble and hustle and bustle and strange things and horses he encountered was huge and he was wide-eyed sometimes but always sensible. He is now being looked after in the New Forest by a lady who is working and enjoying him very much. I would just like to thank you for everything you showed me and Merlot, and for helping me to give him good beginnings. Everyone who meets him comments on his nature and manners, and I trust him completely in my hands and anyone else's and that means a lot." Rosie G.

and of India, the horse that we taught to load quietly....

"Just thought I would let you know that I successfully transported India (in Ruth's trailer!) to her new home in Salisbury today! What a fantastic result! I have just received an e-mail from her new 'mum', Hayley, telling me how well she has settled with her new field mate, sharing their hay & taking turns to roll in the same spot. I am so happy :-)" Michelle W.